Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Anyone have a PCI/DSS 3.1 Compliant Unattended Payment Terminal Solution?

From: "Mark I. Berman" <mberman () SIENA EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 05:01:50 -0700

I think what you're trying to do is a contradiction in terms. At my last institution we did this by putting a general
purpose web browsing kiosk in the lobby of our Bursar's office. If someone chose to use it to pay a bill on the
website, that was their business, but it was also in view of staff who could help if needed.  You would think there'd
be a way to do this. After all, we pay with credit cards at self-service gas stations.

 - Mark
--
Mark Berman, Chief Information Officer
Siena College