Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Self-Phishing - show of hands

From: "Kevin P. Sale" <Kevin.Sale () KAUST EDU SA>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 15:51:04 +0000

We phish our entire organization on a rolling schedule of click only, attachment and credential submission emails every
6-9 months. We also phish all new starters.
The program has been running for just over 2 years now.
We're using PhishMe and we are very happy with it.

We have found it a very effective awareness tool, with some of our top leadership being both the most susceptible to
our tests and then most supportive.

Work with HR and Legal when planning the program to make sure you don't upset anyone too much and to also provide you
some cover when inevitably you catch a whale and they start complaining.

Kevin Sale.

Sent from mobile device. Please excuse the brevity and any spelling mistakes.