Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Reminder: IT Workforce Survey Responses due Dec. 11

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 17:04:55 +0000

Dear Security Discussion listserv members,

Earlier this week many of you received an e-mail from EDUCAUSE reminding you to participate in our IT workforce survey.
This survey is part of ECAR’s ongoing research to track IT professionals’ career trajectories, PD interests, retention
factors, and other important workforce issues. In 2013 over 2,000 IT professionals completed a similar survey – CIOs,
managers, and support staff. Your response (and the responses of your staff) will help shed light on the key IT
workforce issues for the coming year.

How to participate:
Look for the e-mail sent on Monday, November 30 from EDUCAUSE with the subject line “We Need Your Help! Please
Contribute to the IT Workforce Survey by December 11.” Take the survey and encourage your staff to do the same. If you
can’t find the email, send a note to ecarsurvey () educause edu<mailto:ecarsurvey () educause edu> requesting a fresh
invite with your personalized survey link.

Please participate (and encourage your staff to participate) in this survey. We know IT workforce and IT organization
issues are important to you–they were two of the TOP 10 IT issues in 2016! We also believe it is important to
understand the role of information security practitioners at higher education institutions. Your contributions to this
survey work help ECAR produce resources that are relevant to you and your institution.

As always, EDUCAUSE welcomes your feedback and suggestions. Please send comments to ecarsurvey () educause
edu<mailto:ecarsurvey () educause edu>.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager