Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pearson MyLab & Mastering SSL Concerns & Vulnerabilities

From: Bradden Wondra <bradden () PEARSON COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:41:26 -0700

Brady

Appreciate for your time on the phone yesterday.

We take security seriously and have industry-standard security monitoring, intrusion prevention and alerting systems.

I apologize for the experience you had with our customer support team. We aspire to be an easy company to work with and
customer support is an area where we are investing to improve. Happy to share more about that with you in our next call.

We acknowledge the issue you've shared and it's part of a roadmap we've been working on to continuously strengthen our
overall security posture. We're well progressed on that roadmap. As we agreed, security does not have a project
completion date - it's an ongoing initiative which we live and breathe every day.

Looking forward to speaking again in a couple weeks. In addition to working with you and your peers on this particular
issue, I am open to engaging with technology colleagues in education institutions more broadly to improve our products
and services.

Thanks, Bradden

CTO, Products - Pearson
bradden {at} pearson {dot} com