Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Reminder: IT Workforce Survey Responses due Dec. 11

From: Ken Connelly <ken.connelly () UNI EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 11:22:59 -0600

I appreciate the intent, but the survey is much too long.

- ken

On 12/3/15 11:04 AM, Valerie Vogel wrote:
Dear Security Discussion listserv members,

Earlier this week many of you received an e-mail from EDUCAUSE
reminding you to participate in our IT workforce survey. This survey
is part of ECAR’s ongoing research to track IT professionals’ career
trajectories, PD interests, retention factors, and other important
workforce issues. In 2013 over 2,000 IT professionals completed a
similar survey – CIOs, managers, and support staff. Your response (and
the responses of your staff) will help shed light on the key IT
workforce issues for the coming year.

    *_How to participate:_*
    Look for the e-mail sent on Monday, November 30 from EDUCAUSE with
    the subject line “We Need Your Help! Please Contribute to the IT
    Workforce Survey by December 11.” Take the survey and encourage
    your staff to do the same. If you can’t find the email, send a
    note to ecarsurvey () educause edu
    <mailto:ecarsurvey () educause edu> requesting a fresh invite with
    your personalized survey link.

Please participate (and encourage your staff to participate) in this
survey. We know IT workforce and IT organization issues are important
to you–they were two of the TOP 10 IT issues in 2016! We also believe
it is important to understand the role of information security
practitioners at higher education institutions. Your contributions to
this survey work help ECAR produce resources that are relevant to you
and your institution.

As always, EDUCAUSE welcomes your feedback and suggestions. Please
send comments to ecarsurvey () educause edu <mailto:ecarsurvey () educause edu>.

Thank you,
Valerie

*Valerie Vogel* Program Manager

*EDUCAUSE*
/Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good/
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | educause.edu
<http://www.educause.edu/>

--
- Ken
Ken Connelly             Associate Director, Security and Systems

Any request to divulge your UNI password via e-mail is fraudulent!