Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Video Surveillance System - RFQ/RFP

From: Brian Epstein <bepstein () IAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 19:29:43 -0400

We are in the final stages of deploying an IP based system from Hikvision.  We tried integrating our Asante IP cameras
with Hikvision's NVR's, but without success.  We ended up replacing them with Hikvision cameras, which was fine as the
Asante's were old and cheap.

So far we are happy with the results and prices.  We had one hardware failure, which they fixed under warranty.  Their
turn around definitely wasn't 4 hour replacement, but they did solve the problem.  We were able to migrate all the
cameras to another NVR, so having redundancy and capacity to failover is key with them.

Good luck!
Brian