Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Video Surveillance System - RFQ/RFP

From: Harry Zahlis <harry.zahlis () FRESNOCITYCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 21:22:00 +0000

All -

Our District is looking to replace our Cisco video surveillance system with something else.  We currently have close to
200 cameras being monitored between three colleges and multiple centers and sites.  We are looking to expand these
numbers in the near future by a couple of hundred over the next 3-4 years or as budget permits.

We are in the early stages of developing an RFI/RFP to replace our current system.  We would be interested in hearing
from other institutions what systems you are currently using and if you are happy with it.  If you have recently gone
through the RFI/RFP process and you can share it with us that would be wonderful.  I will certainly share ours once we
have it put together.  I would also be interested if anyone has incorporated wireless cameras into this mix.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.  Your input is much appreciated.

Harry

Harry Zahlis
Network Coordinator

[FCC logo for email]