Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Protecting genetic data sets

From: Allan Williams <allan.williams () ANU EDU AU>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 01:07:38 +0000

G’day,
        I’m currently looking for standards/procedures for handing human genomic data.   I’ve seen the guidelines that
have been published by the sanger institute on the sharing of human genomic data
(https://www.sanger.ac.uk/datasharing/assets/wtsi_humgendatasecurity_policy.pdf ) and was wondering if anybody else had
something similar that they could share.  For those who may already be undertaking this type of work at their
institution - is there any standard encryption requirements or standard in use for sharing datasets?

Thanks,
        Allan
--
Allan Williams
Associate Director (Services and Technologies)