Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Program Updates: Securing the eCampus 2015: July 14-15 at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH

From: Adam Goldstein <adam.goldstein () DARTMOUTH EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 08:18:15 -0400

Hi Everyone,
Just a reminder about our upcoming conference. We are really excited about this years program and hope that you can join us!

The ninth annual Securing the eCampus conference will be held this July 14th and 15th at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH. We invite you to join us in discussing the unique challenges of cyber security in higher education and what it takes to build a culture of security at your institution.

The schedule on the 14^th will feature a keynote breakfast, a series of lectures, panel discussions, and workshops. The morning of the 15th will include more sessions and the conference will conclude with lunch at the Dartmouth Outing Club.

*Topics and speakers for 2015 include:
*

   **Keynote Speaker: Devon Chaffee - Executive Director of the ACLU of
   New Hampshire**

   “Prioritizing Web Application Vulnerabilities – A Hacker’s
   Perspective”: Nick Silver - Principal Solutions Architect Veracode

   "What is this, a school for ants?: In search of a better model
   for Information Security in Higher Ed": Josh Beeman - CISO,
   University of Pennsylvania

   “From Data Straight-jacket to Armored Aata: Duke's Protected Network
   for Conducting Research with Sensitive Data” Richard Biever - CISO,
   Duke University

   Privileged Account Management: "Multi-factor Authentication and
   Other Techniques to Protect  the Most Valuable Credentials“- Panel
   Discussion

   “SafeDNS to reduce network compromises” Melissa Muth - Senior
   Information Security Analyst, University of Pennsylvania

   “Future of IDS - Considerations for Keeping up with Increasing
   Network Growth” – Harry Hoffman, Director of Security and
   Resilience, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

   "VDI for Workstation Security" - Loren Hudson, Senior Systems
   Architect, Tuck School of Business and William Daugherty, Associate
   Director of Information Technology, Norris Cotton Cancer Center

Details on the conference and registration information can be found on our website <http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/>. Due to the generous support of our sponsors,**the registration fee for the conference is only *$149 *and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and a networking event on July 14th and breakfast, lunch and snacks on July 15th.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the Six South Street Hotel in Downtown Hanover. The cutoff date for the room block is *June 14th. *See the website’s page on lodging <http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/lodging.html>for more information.

This conference is co-hosted by the Institute for Security, Technology, and Society (ISTS) <http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/> and Information Technology Services <http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/>at Dartmouth College.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the workshop. For conference content and agenda questions, please contact either:

Adam Goldstein

Associate Director – Information Security

Information Technology Services

Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU

or

Bill Nisen

Associate Director

Institute for Security, Technology, and Society

William.G.Nisen () dartmouth edu <mailto:William.G.Nisen () dartmouth edu>

For conference logistical questions, please contact:

Karen Page

Institute for Security, Technology, and Society

Program Administrator

Karen.M.Page () Dartmouth EDU

We look forward to seeing you in July!