Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Use of Acompli to accelerate email to IOS and Android

From: Steve Terry <terrys () DENISON EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:00:29 -0500

Dennis:

Microsoft purchased Acompli a short time ago and turned it into a new
version of Outlook for iOS and Android devices:
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/29/7936081/microsoft-outlook-app-ios-android-features

I have used Acompli for about a year and have found it to be a fantastic
piece of software.  I have also downloaded and run the new version of
Outlook to compare it to my previous version of Acompli - it is same, but
better!  (Add file access to Dropbox and other services.)

As for authentication, (Denision is a Google Education shop) - it prompts
and uses our SSO authentication services to establish the initial
connection to (Gmail) for us.  I see no differences, in this new version of
Outlook, in terms of "storing" account information over any other previous
iOS email clients?

Steve

*Steve Terry*
Director of Enterprise Applications
ITS
*Denison University*
Fellows Hall - 102B
Granville, OH 43023
740-587-8685 | *www.denison.edu <http://www.denison.edu/>*

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Dennis Levine <dennis_levine () emerson edu>