Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure File Transfer

From: "Jones, Mark B" <Mark.B.Jones () UTH TMC EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 20:02:56 +0000

Any secure method of data transfer is acceptable here.  We do use encrypted
mail.  But one method that is very easy is the use of Google Apps Education.
'out-of-the-box' it should be acceptable for storing/sharing FERPA data.
And if you abide by some restrictions Google will even sign a BAA, which
from our perspective makes it acceptable for sharing all manner of sensitive
data including PHI.