Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Vendors

From: Dennis Bohn <bohn () ADELPHI EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:07:38 -0400

HI Eric,
Since you again mentioned bandwidth shaping, I wanted to let you know that
we are pretty pleased with Net Equalizer.  It's best feature is that most
of the time it does no shaping :-) Until it is approaching a preset
bandwidth threshold, and then throttles back the users with the highest
number of flows/most bandwidth.  A few times a week I get an email that it
has kicked into shaping, but most of the time it just sits there.  This
does not have the precise reports of who is using what L7 protocol, but we
stopped caring until there is a problem, and other tools work then.

best,
dennis

Dennis Bohn
Manager of Network and Systems
Adelphi University
bohn () adelphi edu
5168773327

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Tornoe, Eric J. <EJTORNOE () stthomas edu>