Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Vendors

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:02:45 +0000

They offered training, but, it was in DC (four hours away) so not prudent.  We have been using the WebUI as our primary
management interface without issue.  I’d be curious to know what issues are being experienced.

I have used the CLI for a number of things.  From a reporting and troubleshooting perspective, the CLI provides much
more granularity.

I have started playing with the XML API for some tasks and potential scripting capabilities.  It seems  promising.

Got a Phish (email)? Forward it to abuse () nsu edu <mailto:abuse () nsu edu> !

Ronald King, CISSP

Interim CISO & Technical Services Director

Norfolk State University

http://security.nsu.edu <http://security.nsu.edu/>