Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Vendors

From: Jeremy Kurtz <jeremy.kurtz () MESACC EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:06:29 -0700

Curious if anyone has jumped on board with Cisco and their Sourcefire
acquisition - even more so if moving from PAN...

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Garmon, Joel <garmonjs () wfu edu> wrote:

We use palo alto and love them
On Oct 29, 2014 5:54 PM, "Kubb, Richard" <rkubb () maryville edu> wrote:

 Greetings,

At Maryville we currently use a Sonicwall firewall that is rapidly
reaching end of life and are starting to explore alternative vendors.
Curious which vendors and models others are using for your firewall
solution.  We also use Packetshaper as part of our solution and we would
consider a single firewall device and eliminate the use of Packetshaper if
we can find the right solution.

Regards,

Rick.

Rick Kubb