Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Phishing education rollout

From: Peter Lundstedt <peter.lundstedt () DRAKE EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:19:07 +0000

To coincide with NCSAM, we are planning on kicking off a 1-year phishing education program.  We're partnering with an
external company to execute the program and as we prep for the engagement, one thing we keep hearing of is the risk of
angering the user base, having faculty go to the dean's council, administration going to their VPs, and just general
bad "press".

We have support from the top to proceed with the program and will communicate to the target user base, but I'm
wondering what others have done for their rollouts, and just ways to ensure success in this area.

Peter Lundstedt | Information Security Analyst
Drake Technology Services (DTS) | Drake University