Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

HEISC Update, Fall 2014: EDUCAUSE 2014 Security Sessions & NCSAM

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:40:47 +0000

This message is posted on behalf of the HEISC co-chair (apologies for cross-posting if you already received this via
the CIO list).
_________________________

Dear Colleagues,

We hope that you’ve had a wonderful summer!

The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has several efforts underway this fall as part of our 2014
strategic
priorities<http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/higher-education-information-security-council-2014-strategic-priorities>.

1) Join us for an open discussion about the evolving roles and responsibilities of the CIO and CISO at EDUCAUSE 2014 in
Orlando. We will be joined by Lois Brooks (Vice Provost for Information Services/CIO, Oregon State University) and Tom
Siu (CISO, Case Western Reserve University) to discuss ways those in leadership roles can better collaborate on current
and future information security and privacy challenges. When: October 1, 2:40-3:30 pm ET; Where: Meeting Room W209A/B
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/strengthening-cio-and-ciso-collaboration-security-and-privacy

2) Meet with EDUCAUSE staff Joanna Grama and Valerie Vogel to discuss security and privacy programs at EDUCAUSE 2014 in
Orlando. When: October 1, 8:50-9:30 am ET; Where: EDUCAUSE Central, West A Lobby
http://www.educause.edu/annual-conference/2014/strengthening-cio-and-ciso-collaboration-security-and-privacy

3) To make it easier for you and your team to plan for National Cyber Security Awareness Month this October, we have a
new NCSAM page with links to free resources, upcoming events (including a free webinar on October 14; details available
soon), partner websites, and more: http://www.educause.edu/ncsam. One of our goals this year is to see over 200
institutions actively supporting NCSAM. We’d love to hear what your campus has planned!

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or input regarding these activities. And we hope to see you in
Orlando later this month.

Thank you,
Peter Murray, Elias Eldayrie, and Melissa Woo
HEISC Co-Chairs
www.educause.edu/security<http://www.educause.edu/security>

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE