Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Russian Hacker story in today's news

From: Chuck Braden <j-braden () TAMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 13:02:11 +0000

As I read Hold Security's release this seems to be more of a marketing
ploy to sell services combined with a credential collection scheme of their
own.

A news resource I heard this morning said they would provide an ability for
users to query to see if their ID or what websites had been compromised. No
word when that would be available. Im not hearing a lot from the vendor
either - other than crickets and a cash register bell ring. :-/

Jimmy C Braden

Information Security Officer

AgriLife Information Technology

979-862-7254