Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Organization of IT compliance responsibilities

From: "Lazarus, Carolann" <lazarus () BUFFALO EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:05:47 +0000

Nick
I'm not sure how much help it will be for your specific question, but you could try the SCCE Society for Corporate
Compliance and Ethics https://www.corporatecompliance.org/ .  They have a large segment of their membership related to
higher ed.  I attended their annual Higher Ed compliance conference last year.  You should be able to find some
resources for setting up a compliance program through them, I'm just not sure if they have anything focused on just IT
security.

We don't have a compliance officer/office yet, but there are a number out there.

Carolann Lazarus
Internal Audit
lazarus () buffalo edu
716-829-6947