Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Organization of IT compliance responsibilities

From: Joanna Grama <jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 21:10:24 +0000

Dear Nick,
This information will not help you much at the immediate moment, but the EDUCAUSE Center for Analysis and Research is
conducting research even as we speak about IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance issues at colleges and universities.  A
survey of institutions is underway at the moment and will close at the end of this month.  The survey went to
institutional primary representatives (those individuals that are named as their institution's primary contact with
EDUCAUSE).  If your primary representative received the survey invite, please encourage them to complete the survey.

The research will help IT professionals benchmark their governance, risk, and compliance efforts by characterizing the
state of each in the community. The research will also identify common areas of concern as well as transferable best
practices and models.  We anticipate publishing the research in early June of this year and hopefully the research will
address the question that you pose to the group.

In the meantime, the November/December EDUCAUSE Review was focused on IT GRC.  Perhaps you might find something helpful
in that issue.  It is available at
http://www.educause.edu/ero/educause-review-print-edition-volume-48-number-6-novemberdecember-2013?utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=Email+marketing&utm_campaign=IT+Issues

Kind regards,
Joanna

Joanna Grama, JD, CISSP
Director of DRA Operations, IT GRC and Cybersecurity Programs
Data, Research, and Analytics

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6769 | main: 303.449.4430 | fax: 303.440.0461 | educause.edu