Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Organization of IT compliance responsibilities

From: Nick Lewis <nlewis10 () SLU EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 12:23:21 -0600

Hi everyone,

We have internally been discussing compliance recently. I'm working
through the Higher Education Compliance Alliance resources to see what
is already out there. The IT security and compliance program we are
setting up is going to be proposed as an enterprise wide initiative,
but only around IT security. I am trying to understand if anyone has
their information security programs reporting into a formal Compliance
Office/Officer? Or even a formal Compliance Office/Officer at their
university?

Thanks,

Nick

--
Nick Lewis
Information Security Officer - Director, IT Security and Compliance