Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iTunesU and network bandwidth

From: Julian Y Koh <kohster () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 00:41:00 +0000

On Thu Mar 06 2014 18:15:09 CST, Andrew Daviel <advax () TRIUMF CA> wrote:
I was curious if anyone else had this problem, seeing as Apple has (I believe) been pushing iTunesU for student
lectures etc.
I mean, does iTunes have any edge platforms on the research networks, and if so is there any way one can use them
preferentially ?

We haven’t seen that specific issue with iTunesU content, but you might want to look to see if you can host Akamai
servers locally on your campus network.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>