Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: a question about having College ID number as part of directory information

From: Roy Galang <galang_roy () WHEATONCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 09:26:46 -0500

The concern that was associated with the query was that people use the
physical ID to store "College Bucks" for dinning use and that somehow that
could be compromised. It is also the username credial for many college
system but so it your name. You can't access or change information with
just your College ID number.

Roy