Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Digication and google OpenID

From: Eric Weakland <eric () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 08:57:29 -0500

Greetings,

I've been asked to investigate using Digication's integration with our
Google Apps for Education to deliver e-Portfolio services to our campus. I
think the big driver is the "free" nature of the service, if your students
are already using Google Apps for Education.

Would anyone on the list who has already looked at this/implemented this
be willing to share any issues they ran into and how they dealt with them?

I don't see any potential issues with it at first look, as it would appear
the students still retain control over who sees their content.  (This is
ignoring that some of our more vocal faculty who are very opposed to
Google for privacy issues may object to another Google service.)

Thanks in advance for any information, please post to the list or reply
directly to me if you would prefer to keep your comments private.

Eric Weakland, CISSP, CISM, CRISC
Director, Information Security
Office of Information Technology
American University
eric at american.edu
202.885.2241

Emails from IT asking you to log in via an included link are scams!