Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Reactions to reported NSA PRISM program

From: "Stockdale, Alan" <AStockdale () EDC ORG>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 14:27:22 -0400

The risk of dying or being injured as a result of terrorism in the US is tiny--nothing that warrants any sacrifice of
privacy. The whole point of terrorism is low risk but spectacular events that create fear and irrational responses.

Are We Finally Thinking Sensibly About Terrorism?
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/05/are_we_finally.html

The Politics of Security in a Democracy
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/05/the_politics_of_3.html

Education Development Center, Inc. | Learning transforms lives.
edc.org