Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: secure file and prevent printing and saving?

From: "Santabarbara, Angelo" <asantabarbara () SIENA EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 11:35:58 -0400

Careful relying on Adobe PDF restrictions as there are many third party
ways of bypassing those restrictions.  There's really no easy way to
prevent screen captures.  One program called CopySafe purports to do what
you want although I have no experience with it.

Angelo D. Santabarbara
Director of Networks & Systems
Siena College
518-782-6996
ASantabarbara () siena edu

***Siena ITS staff will NEVER ask for your password or other confidential
information via email.***

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited. If you received this e-mail and are not the
intended recipient, please inform the sender by e-mail reply and destroy
all copies of the original message.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Maloney, Michael