Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Guest wireless restrictions

From: "Carson, Larry" <larry.carson () UBC CA>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:45:00 +0000

Our guest wireless network is restricted to browsing, email, SSH and VPN.
Basically you can do any basic activities (securely) or VPN/SSH somewhere
else where you can become someone else's worry. In three years we've had one
complaint where a system was compromised and part of a botnet; we've had no
copyright compliance issues on this network. Details are here:
http://www.it.ubc.ca/service_catalogue/internet_telephone/wireless/visitor_w
ireless.html

Regards,
Larry Carson
Associate Director, Information Security Management, UBC