Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Program: NIST, ISO, other?

From: "Davis, Thomas R" <tdavis () IU EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 12:05:06 +0000

Indiana University's is based on ISO.  You can find more info here:

  http://protect.iu.edu/privacy/program

--
Tom Davis, CISSP, CISM
Chief Security Officer

On Jan 17, 2013, at 9:36 AM, "Wright, A J (A. J.)" <ajw () TENNESSEE EDU> wrote:

Hello all,

At the University of Tennessee, our security program is based on the NIST 800 Series special publications rather than
ISO 27001.  While we don’t claim to implement 100% of it (it wouldn’t be appropriate,) we’re making heavy use of
FIPS199, 800-37, 800-53, 800-66, etc.

I’ve had staff calling and emailing around asking this, but I figured I’d ask this list also: what is your school’s
security program based on?

Thanks,
ajw
--
A. J. Wright
Chief Information Security Officer

University of Tennessee – System Administration
2309 Kingston Pike, Suite 131C
Knoxville, TN  37996-1717
Phone:  865-974-0637
Email: ajw () tennessee edu