Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Login Banners?

From: Kimberly Heimbrock <heimbrockk () NKU EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 15:13:23 +0000

We are in the process of putting a banner on our 'myNKU' portal (which all fac, staff, students must use), as well as
the password change page:

[Text Box: Usage of Northern Kentucky University systems, networks, and services is governed by official NKU
Information Technology and NKU Security Policies.  By accessing these resources you agree to use all information
technology resources responsibly, and comply with NKU policies and guidelines, found at
http://it.nku.edu/itsecurity/policiesguidelines.php]Here is a sample of the banner:

We opted to not have the available 'Windows' security banner (below) changed since that would require updates to pc's,
so we opted to use the web landing pages for key services (Portal, Password).  We may add a banner to lab pc's at some
point - using the Windows option -  below.   We do not have anything specific/different for research or grant-based
systems.

[cid:image001.png@01CDD87E.291A70D0]

Kim Heimbrock

Northern Kentucky University