Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Information Systems and Security Audit

From: Frank Moore <moorefx () PLU EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:01:24 -0800

Colleagues,

I am new in my current position and have come from a CIO position in
Virginia in a public university. AT PLU I have discovered that while there
have been surveys of information security here, there has not been a
complete audit of all information systems and security. While on one hand
it is nice not to have auditors constantly looking over your shoulder, it
is a little disconcerting that a complete audit has never been done. Can
anyone recommend a consultant/provider who can offer
information security auditing services that are thorough and yet won't
break the bank?

Thank you,

Frank Moore

F. X. Moore III Ph.D.
Associate Provost: Information and Technology Services and CIO
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
Tacoma, WA 98447-003

(253) 535-7504 [voice]