Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Breach Notification MIA...

From: "Boyd, Daniel" <dboyd () BERRY EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:27:56 +0000

Has anyone else NOT received their email notification from EduCause about the security breach?  The only reason I found
out about it yesterday is because my CIO was watching the chatter on the CIO list about the notification.  I get my
security list discussions in digest form, so I had not seen the discussion here.  Anyone else peeved that they waited
14 days to (supposedly) notify everyone?  I'm not trying to stir up a  flaming discussion (although I probably have
succeeded), I really am just curious as to the mood here.

Dan

Daniel H. Boyd (94C)
Senior Network Architect
Network Operations
Berry College
Phone: 706-236-1750
Fax:     706-238-5824

There are two rules to follow with your account passwords:
1. NEVER SEND YOUR PASSWORD VIA EMAIL (TO ANYONE)!!!!!
2. If unsure, consult rule #1