Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Oxford and Google Apps

From: Oscar Knight <knightod () APPSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:55:30 -0500

On 2/19/2013 7:11 AM, Tracy Mitrano wrote:
Thoughts on this matter among the experts?
http://blogs.oucs.ox.ac.uk/oxcert/2013/02/18/google-blocks/

I want to personally thank the folks at Oxford for having the chutzpah
to do what I believe we all would have liked to have done at one time
or another.

I offer Google no ill will, they have great services.  But they are a
service provider like everyone else.  If they are always seen as "too
big to block" then they will always be a awesome tool for the
miscreants.

So, THANK YOU Oxford!

odk
--
NOTE: ASU ITS will NEVER ask you for your password in an email!
Oscar D. Knight                           knightod at appstate dot edu