Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Information related to the Effectiveness of Security Cameras

From: Carlos Lobato <clobato () NMSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:50:13 +0000

Hello Colleagues,

We are in the process of drafting and possibly adopting a Security Cameras policy, but management is wondering if there
is any national data that would talk about the effectiveness of security cameras.

If you know of any survey, studies or just have good examples as to how security cameras have had an impact on security
on your campus I would appreciate you sharing those resources with me.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Carlos S. Lobato, CISA, CIA

IT Compliance Officer

New Mexico State University

Information and Communication Technologies

MSC 3AT PO Box 30001

Las Cruces, NM  88003

Phone (575) 646-5902

Fax (575) 646-5278