Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IPS recommendations

From: "Gioia, Matthew P." <MGioia () STLCC EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 09:47:07 -0600

We're also looking at replacing our current IPS. I'm looking into Palo
Alto and SourceFire at the moment - working on getting in some demo
units for each. It looks like there's a large number of people are happy
with PA - anyone using or demoed the SourceFire NGIPS/FW and have
feedback?

Thanks,

Matthew Gioia

Network Security Analyst

Technology and Educational Support Services

St. Louis Community College