Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Freedom versus Security

From: Russ Leathe <Russ.Leathe () GORDON EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:59:58 +0000

Silly question, but...

Have you had the discussion (with Staff and/or Faculty) about your policy's "controlling nature" regarding electronic
security? Currently, we are actively implementing our WISP (Written Information Security Policy), according to State
and Federal Guidelines.  Unfortunately, we are getting some push back.

One in particular, a personally owned laptop must adhere to the Colleges guidelines of authentication.

If you have run into this scenario, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Russ