Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google Docs abuse

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:03:09 +0000

I just told someone this morning when they reported a phish message with a Google spreadsheet link, that I'm glad to
see Google links in phish messages because they don't deliver malware and they have a "report abuse" link right on the
form.  But I hate Google spreadsheet forms because it seems like all of them are password collection pages and so the
"service" from Google does more harm than good.

It also seems like Google should have the tools and capacity to intervene automatically when someone makes a form that
looks like a password collector.  Or they could send us the entries for our domain when they decide to respond to an
abuse complaint.

Bob Bayn              (435)797-2396           IT Security Team
Office of Information Technology,     Utah State University
    three common hazardous email scams to watch out for:
     1) "phishing" for your email password
     2) unfamiliar transaction report from familiar business
     3) attachment with no explanation in the message body