Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google Docs abuse

From: Jeffrey Schiller <jis () MIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 16:45:34 -0400

It is quite possible that when you report abuse on a Google Apps domain
that the complaint is forwarded to the customer (University) for handling.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some variability there.

Frankly, if I were to host a Google Apps Domain (I do, but not for a whole
campus) I would want Google to talk to me before removing any contact from
my space. There is a trade-off here between having quick response and
having Google act as our overlord. I don't believe we really want the later!

-Jeff