Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Botnet Detection Systems

From: "Calo, Andrew" <ACALO () BENTLEY EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:10:53 -0400

Hello,

I have personal experience with FireEye (HW appliance) and Seculert (SaaS model). I believe both tools provide
tremendous value. I believe that the differing deployment models - local hardware appliance vs. SaaS  is a key decision
making point and it speaks to the locally available resources that will be tasked with using and maintaining the
solution.

I have no personal experience with Damballa, but have hear lots of good things. I believe NetWitness is also a viable
player in this space.

Regards,
Andrew Calo

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD965F.C2562F20]

Andrew Calo | Information Security and Data Privacy Administrator | Administrative Computing Department

Bentley University | 175 Forest Street | Waltham, MA 02452

PH: 781.891.2498 | acalo () bentley edu<mailto:acalo () bentley edu>