Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Share with us a copy of your Security Cameras Policy

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 19:08:56 -0400

While a great thread, I am curious how many campus' have their Camera
Policy fall under IT's AUP & policy, rather than Campus Security /
Police policies.

In other words, is this really an IT issue at all ?  While we provide
the networking infrastructure to the cameras and servers, what other
responsibility does IT have?  At least in our environment, we ensure
that nobody in IT has access to the cameras nor the recording servers...
only authorized security staff have that access.

I am sure I must be missing some issue here, and would be grateful to
understand what I am missing.

--
Dave Koontz
Associate Director IT