Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: IT Security Analyst Position at VA Tech

From: Valdis Kletnieks <valdis.kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:16:39 -0400

On Tue, 29 May 2012 09:25:37 -0400, "Bradley, Stephen W. Mr." said:
Is it really that expensive to live out there?  I looked at a cost of living
calculator and it said housing is double from where I live.

Wow.  Housing is double here? You living in Detroit or something? :)

Finding a single-family house for sale *in* Blacksburg may be difficult, as
most of the single-family homes are... upscale.  (Apartments and townhouses are
available in all varieties, however).  Lots of VT employees live in
Christiansburg, Radford, or a tiny bit further afield in Riner or in Giles
County.  Poke some of those towns into the cost-of-living calculator -
realtor.com is showing at least 20 properties in Christiansburg alone for under
$100K.