Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI DSS Review - 40 Hours?

From: "Marcum, Chad A" <cmarcum () IU EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:22:07 +0000

In 40 hours, I think I would try to figure out how many locations take credit cards. How do they take them (analog
terminal, wifi terminal, Ethernet terminal, computer with a web browser, ...). Then find out how many transactions a
year your institution does, and are they all under one MID?

That should let you know which merchant level you are, and what SAQ you need to fill out. There is still plenty of more
work to do though. PCI SSC has a prioritized approach to PCI that is a good read, and reviewing the PCI DSS itself
never hurts.

I'm happy to chat more off list, if you like.

Also as part of my two cents, I'd say don't let the non-edu members of the forum scare you with RoC and AoC talk.

Chad

Sent from my iPad