Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: US Department of Justice Victim Notification System

From: "O'Callaghan, Daniel" <Daniel.OCallaghan () SINCLAIR EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:16:05 +0000

We have been getting them for a few years related to an on-going prosecution where the defendant allegedly
stole/cracked a number of higher ed user accounts (including one of ours). They are legit, but not very helpful.  The
victim ID and PIN are likely the same for each victim agent being notified.

 Daniel V. O'Callaghan, Jr., MBA, CISSP, GCFA
 Chief Information Security Officer
 Sinclair Community College
 444 W Third St, 13-000F
 Dayton, OH 45402