Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: US Department of Justice Victim Notification System

From: "Jacobson, Dick" <dick.jacobson () NDUS EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:12:01 -0800

I get these every now and then - usually in groups of multiple because I see the mail for abuse and network person and
server person and ......

I checked a few years back and determined they were legitimate but pretty meaningless since we had no records to prove
real damages tied to this individual's action from several years back.