Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Windows O/S Patching Question

From: Brian Helman <bhelman () SALEMSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:07:25 +0000

I guess the question is, do you want to be the guy who was responsible because a vulnerability, that was known for
several weeks or even months .. and is 0 day (ie Microsoft or Apple learned about it because it was actively being
exploited), infected your systems or allowed for a breach because you waited unnecessarily?

Remember, attackers these days are not college kids, they're organized crime.

-Brian