Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Windows O/S Patching Question

From: Barron Hulver <Barron.Hulver () OBERLIN EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:08:00 -0400

It really depends on the circumstances. In general, though, I rely on a very structured monthly patching process for Windows servers that patches the servers soon after patch Tuesday. In that process, I have one of my administrative assistance check reports from our central patching server and post the results in our work order system. I then review the results so there are two sets of eyes checking the patching process and the process is documented. I close the work order or, if I am not here, my person who is responsible for our Windows patching server.

Barron

Barron Hulver
Director of Networking, Operations, and Systems
Center for Information Technology
Oberlin College
148 West College Street
Oberlin, OH  44074