Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Not so Nice Net

From: Jeff Moore <mail () JEFFMOORE COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:21:11 -0800

First - Thank you all for responding to my question. It has made it clear
that what we were seeing was not crazy but that you all have been seeing
similar things. Thanks everyone!!

Second - Michael Sinatra - I am assuming you must have read this on a bad
day. I am sorry for any problems you are having. From what I have read from
folks on this thread I assume that folks are quite intelligent and that
none of them assume that the internet is still classful. It is simply a way
that they communicate. Perhaps it is my mistake for how I phrased the
question. My apologies if that was the case. I think that these intelligent
professionals also have the courtesy not to yell and not to try to make
others looks or feel bad. In your case it looks as though my assumptions
were incorrect. I am not a member of this group to get into arguments over
semantics with folks that have no respect for their peers. If you read my
message and the other kind folks that replied you would see that we did not
say we got scanned by every host in these ranges. Please take the time to
read the messages that you are responding to. I think folks here understand
the consequences of blocking entire ranges. Its their job.
So in the future please read the messages thoroughly before replying. And
please keep your replies constructive. The kind of reply you sent benefits
no one. This listserve is for professionals. Please act like one.

Thank you!

Jeff Moore

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Michael Sinatra <