Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Data Classification and Storage Environments

From: "McLaughlin, Bryan S." <bmclaughlin () CREIGHTON EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 19:15:13 +0000

We have a single SAN environment where all data is co-mingled.  I am wondering how many other Universities have taken
steps to separate their data logically or physically so addition security can be added to data with higher sensitivity
ratings?  I would be interested in learning what others have implemented to apply appropriate data handling procedures
to their data at rest.

Thanks,

Bryan McLaughlin
Information Security Officer
Creighton University
bmclaughlin () creighton edu<mailto:bmclaughlin () creighton edu>

Security Tip: No matter how authentic the request appears, if you are asked in an email or via the phone to provide
your password - it is a SCAM.