Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google announces privacy changes, no opt out for users

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:55:20 -0500

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:38:22 CST, Tim Doty said:

They also use javascript to validate form data. I haven't looked at it
deeply (what is there to validate for a simple file upload?), but I did
notice the comment that they skip hidden elements because user's can't
alter the information. Really? My estimation of their web developers is
dropping...

Somebody shoot me. Or them. Or somebody. :)

Am I the only person who has this cool add-on?
https://tamperdata.mozdev.org/
I suspect the guys at jotti need to test-drive this one a bit. ;)

Oh, this is often useful when trying to figure out what the web developers
did to screw things up *this* time:

http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/