Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google announces privacy changes, no opt out for users

From: Robert Meyers <remeyers () MAIL WVU EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:04:43 -0500

How long before Google, like Facebook, tells us that everything you upload to Google Docs now is their property and not
yours?  The average user will never see the problem since they prefer convenience over security. "Save all my important
docs to a free cloud sever so I (and anyone else on the planet) can access it from anywhere? Sounds great to me!"

Bob

Robert E. Meyers,  Ms.Ed.
Educational Program Manager
  Office of Information Security