Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Google announces privacy changes, no opt out for users

From: Aaron Hockett <AHockett () WARNERPACIFIC EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:41:12 -0800

Having reading the Post article and numerous other tech articles on the
privacy issue, I believe Google has made the unfortunate misstep of
setting itself up one of the most prolific data breaches that will cause
a ripple effect in the IT and consumer data privacy laws.

What I also find even more ironic is that this is a result of poor
company earnings.  So in order to exploit us even more and to protect
their revenue, they need "more data" in a single bucket.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm stocking up on tin-foil
hats. :)

-Aaron