Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommendation Needed - Software packages for tracking/securing patient records

From: "McCrone, Kevin" <kmccrone () ILSTU EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:04:24 +0000

Our University has been using a product called Point and Click Solutions.  There are a few others like Medicat,
Neusoft, PracticeFusion, eClinicWorks, Allscripts.  Start with some searching for "EHR college health" and you'll see
links to their websites.  All of these solutions will provide some way or other to begin documenting clinic notes,
orders, and other associated clinical documentation all electronically.  You'll need to choose something that fits your
organization best.  All will also help with HIPAA compliance, but most of the compliance will come from your
organization's policies, procedures, training, and most importantly, staff operations.

-- Kevin McCrone, Information Technology Technical Associate
-- Illinois State University, Division of Student Affairs
-- (309) 438-1111